The School of Special Educational Needs: Behaviour and Engagement (SSEN:BE) provides educational support and services for students with extreme, complex, and challenging behaviours. Support is available across the public school system
Our Vision Statement
All children and young people successfully engage with learning and lead healthy, happy, and productive lives.
To provide WA public schools with equitable access to integrated and collaborative services, responsive to the unique needs of school communities and of students who face a range of barriers to successful school engagement.
Our Core Values
- Learning for life
- All services are delivered with schools for students.
- All students have a right to a high quality educational program.
- Through a personalised approach support for students focuses on their psychosocial, developmental and learning needs.
- The characteristics and strengths within each student, their peers, school, family and community inform decisions about the ‘best-fit’ for assessment, intervention and support options.
- Strong partnerships and integrated services are developed and maintained to directly benefit students, families, and schools.
- All services are culturally responsive.
- All services are grounded by a strong evidence base and each personalised plan is evidence orientated with clearly described outcome measures.